Creating Custom Drush Commands
Creating a new Drush command is very easy. Follow these simple steps:
- Copy the example commandfile at lib/Drush/Commands/examples/Commands/SandwichCommands.php to mymodule/src/Drush/Commands/MyModuleCommands.php
- Edit the namespace and classnames in your file to match the file's location.
- Use the classes for the core Drush commands at /lib/Drush/Commands as inspiration and documentation.
- Rename and edit the makeSandwich() method. Carefully add/edit/remove annotations above the method and put your logic inside the method.
Drush searches for commandfiles in the following locations:
- Folders listed in the 'include' option (see
drush topic docs-configuration).
- The system-wide Drush commands folder, e.g. /usr/share/drush/commands
- The ".drush" folder in the user's HOME folder.
- /drush and /sites/all/drush in the current Drupal installation
- All enabled modules in the current Drupal installation
- Folders and files containing other versions of Drush in their names will be *skipped* (e.g. devel.drush4.inc or drush4/devel.drush.inc). Names containing the current version of Drush (e.g. devel.drush5.inc) will be loaded.